Many Athletes struggle with digesting processed energy gels and find it really difficult to ingest during long endurance training. Here is my recipe for a much healthier and clean homemade energy gel that will load you with optimal fuel and hydration (particularly due to the use of chia seeds which absorb and retain water and contain healthy fats that allow you to feel more balanced and actually burn more fat!)
- 8 organic dates (pitted and soaked in warm water for at least 4 hours or overnight)
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of raw unpasteurized honey
- Sprinkle of Himalayan salt
- 1.5 tbsp of chia seeds in 1/2 cup water (combined and left in the fridge overnight)
- 2 tbsp of organic rasberries
Blend all ingredients except for the chia seeds and water mixture. Combine this mixture to the blended mixture and enjoy!